Answering Common Questions
Find answers to enrollees’ most frequently asked questions.
Our website makes it easy for enrollees to manage their dental plan. Tools, services, information, forms – they’ll find everything they need just a click away. Enrollees can:
- Log in to check benefits and eligibility, view claims status and print ID cards.
- Sign up to go paperless and access all dental benefits statements online (for Delta Dental PPOSM and Delta Dental Premier® enrollees).
- Search our Enrollee Support Guide for information about using their plan, finding a dentist, getting dental care and managing costs.
- Learn more about oral health on our SmileWay Wellness site: read articles, watch videos, and subscribe to Dental Wire, our free dental health newsletter.
Informing employees about the Delta Dental dentist network and helping them find a Delta Dental or DeltaCare USA dentist can help them reduce their dental expenses.
Delta Dental provides free information in our Enrollee Support Guide that you can offer your employees through employee newsletters, e-mails or your company intranet. To use any of the articles about finding a dentist, simply highlight, copy and paste the text into your own document.
Employees don't need an ID card to receive services. They and their dependents should simply provide their dentist with the group number and the primary enrollee’s social security or identification number. The dental office can use that information to verify their eligibility and benefits.
If your employees still would like an ID card, they can print a customized ID card on demand from our website.
You can include instructions on printing ID cards in your employee newsletters, e-mails or on your company intranet. Simply highlight, copy and paste the text from the article about printing ID cards in our Enrollee Support Guide into your own document.
Enrollees don’t need to file claims when they visit a Delta Dental or DeltaCare USA dentist because Delta Dental and DeltaCare USA dentists agree to handle all claims and paperwork. However, if your employees have visited a non-Delta Dental dentist or a dentist other than their selected DeltaCare USA dentist for out-of-area emergency care, they may need to file the claim themselves.*
You and your employees can also download claim forms from any page in our enrollee site. You can also include instructions on filing dental claims in your employee newsletters, e-mails or on your company intranet. Simply highlight, copy and paste the text from the article about how to file a dental claim in our Enrollee Support Guide into your own document.
* In some states, DeltaCare USA is offered as an open access plan where enrollees can obtain treatment from any licensed dentist; however, deductibles and maximums may be applied to services provided by an out-of-network dentist.