Communicate With Your Patients Who Speak Another Language
Do you need help communicating with your Delta Dental patients in another language? We can help. Our enterprise-wide Language Assistance Program (LAP) provides language assistance to enrollees with limited proficiency in English.
Services offered through our LAP include:
- Dentist directories that include the self-assessed language capabilities of participating dentist offices and staff
- Websites in English and Spanish
- Enrollee materials in English, Spanish, and Chinese (in select states)
- Customer Service assistance in more than 170 languages
- Professional interpretive services to help you communicate with your Delta Dental patients.
As soon as you discover a language barrier, call us. We’ll arrange for a qualified interpreter to help you communicate with your patient at no cost.
- Delta Dental telephone numbers for interpretive services:
- Delta Dental Premier/Delta Dental PPO: 1-800-765-6003
- DeltaCare USA: 1-800-422-4234
We can also schedule interpretive services in advance; just call Delta Dental’s Contact Center 72 hours before the appointment.
If you are a Delta Dental contracting dentist in California, you have specific obligations under California SB 853. To learn more about your obligations, visit our Legal & Compliance center.