Dental Cavity Risk Quiz Results
Your risk for cavities is high.
To decrease your risk for tooth decay, we recommend:
At the dentist's office
Visit your dentist as soon as possible for an exam and a professional risk evaluation for tooth decay. A professional risk evaluation for tooth decay may include:
- a bacterial test
- measurement of saliva flow
- review of your medications
- evaluation of your dietary and oral hygiene habits
- Brush at least twice a day for 2-3 minutes with fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss at least once a day.
- Limit snacking and avoid sugary foods.
- Consider using xylitol gum or candy instead of regular gum or candy.
If you are confirmed to be high risk, your dentist may do any of the following:
- Professionally clean your teeth
- Provide instructions on good oral hygiene habits
- Provide instructions on a healthy diet
- Recommend the use of xylitol gum or candy
- Prescribe a high fluoride toothpaste
- Prescribe a fluoride or antibacterial mouth rinse
- Apply fluoride to your teeth
- Place sealants on your teeth
This oral health information is intended for educational purposes only. You should always consult a licensed dentist or other qualified health care professional for any questions concerning your oral health. Services recommended are not necessarily covered with all dental plans. Check your dental plan contract or evidence of coverage to confirm the benefit coverage provided under your plan.
Cavity photo: © Fotosearch
Plaque and disclosing tablet photos: provided courtesy of Dr. Marc Miller, Brisbane, Australia.