Access to Care Grant
Each year, the Delta Dental Community Care Foundation awards several million dollars in Access to Care Grants to dental clinics across the country.
Each application is reviewed by a screening committee to determine its general eligibility and alignment with the program’s guidelines, the amount needed to achieve the desired results, the available funds, and program priority as determined by the Foundation.
Priority will be given to activities that support access to dental care for the underserved. Project examples include:
- Dental treatment of the underserved in clinical settings
- Mobile van outreach dental services
- Single or multiple day dental outreach programs
- Dental school clinics and educational outreach
- Hospital dental services to the underserved population
- School-sponsored dental education and treatment
Grant requests are considered, but not limited to: Capital campaigns, dental equipment/supplies and to offset the cost of direct care to underserved patients (those who are disadvantaged by their ability to pay because their income falls below the federal poverty line, and/or reside in geographically isolated or dental health professional shortage areas).
Note: The Foundation will not consider grant requests for non-dental related supplies or services or to cover 100% of program salaries. We do not fund individuals, political organizations or campaigns, make loans or give grants to repay loans. We do not fund programs that discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age or national origin.
- Be a:
- tax-exempt entity under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; or
- public or governmental entity such as a school or health district; or
- tax-exempt dental association.
- Provide documentation of status as a tax-exempt organization or public/government entity.
- Provide dental services to the underserved population.
- Be located within and/or provide services in, our operating areas: Alabama, California, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah and West Virginia.
- Applications are by invitation only. We are not accepting new applicants at this time
- All eligible grant requests must be submitted using our online grant management system.
- Grant amounts can vary based on size of applicant-organization and scope of program request.
- Organizations will be limited to one grant per calendar year, except in special cases.
- Each grant recipient will be required to sign a grant agreement upon approval.
- Recipients will be required to complete and submit a report within one year of receiving funds, or prior to being considered for future funding, whichever comes first.
- Applicant authorizes the Foundation to use, publish and reference recipient’s name, location, logos and/or related images and information in any Foundation public relations materials or news releases.
- Eligible applicants will receive an email notifying them of the application cycle for the upcoming year.
- Application review will typically take place within two months after application cycle ends. Applicants will be notified of their application decision by email.