Scientific Research GrantRegister & Apply
Research projects with a significant potential for improving oral health and reducing treatment costs are given priority for this grant as the Delta Dental Community Care Foundation typically awards just one or two per year.
Each application is reviewed by a screening committee to determine its general eligibility and alignment with the program’s guidelines, the amount needed to achieve the desired results, the available funds, and program priority as determined by the Foundation.
Project examples include:
- Pilot or feasibility studies likely to enhance the investigator's chance for long-term funding from other sources.
- Projects considered to be of interest to the Delta Dental Community Care Foundation, for which other sources of funds are traditionally unavailable or insufficient.
- Studies that evaluate the outcome of preventive and treatment procedures.
- Retrospective studies or those involving analysis of existing data.
Note: The Foundation does not fund individuals, political organizations or campaigns, or make loans or give grants to repay loans. We do not fund programs that discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age or national origin.
Eligible organizations must be located within, or predominantly benefit people living in, our operating areas: Alabama, California, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah and West Virginia.
Guidelines & How to Apply
- All grant requests must be submitted using our online grant management system.
- Grant amounts can vary based on size of applicant-organization and scope of program request.
- The Foundation limits its grants to a single year. Exceptions may be made, but the initial request must state that the grant will be used over multiple years.
- Organizations will be limited to one grant per calendar year, except in special cases.
- Research grant recipients will be required to sign a grant agreement upon approval.
- Recipients must be able to receive grant funds via electronic fund transfer.
- Recipients will be required to complete and submit a report within one year of receiving funds or prior to being considered for future funding, whichever comes first.
- Applicant authorizes the Foundation to use, publish and reference recipient’s name, location, logos and/or related images and information in any Foundation public relations materials or news releases.
- Grant applications are accepted throughout the year until funds are depleted.
- Applications will generally be reviewed quarterly, or as needed. Applicants will be notified of their application decision by email.