- National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requires dentists to obtain an NPI if they submit claims electronically or check claims status or patient eligibility and benefits information online. How to register your NPI with Delta Dental
- Delta Dental provider responsibilities for the Language Assistance Program
- California law requires health care service plans like Delta Dental to have a language assistance program (LAP) to support the language assistance needs of Delta Dental's limited English proficient (LEP) enrollee population. The law also requires us to notify our contracted providers of their obligation.
- Utilization Review and Management
- Utilization Review and Management(PDF, 73KB)
- California regulations require health plans to provide upon request the criteria or guidelines used for the purposes of utilization review or utilization management functions.
New York Notices
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence(PDF, 97KB) Other languages: Español, 中文
- New York law has certain protections for victims of domestic violence when an order of protection is provided to the insurer against the policyholder.
- FYI: For our New York providers
- FYI: For our New York providers(PDF, 115KB)
- Please read this information about Delta Dental of New York’s corporate governance.
- Notice to Providers
- Applications for participation in the Alpha Dental Programs network of General Dentists and Dentists specializing in Endodontics, Periodontics, Oral Surgery, Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry will be accepted between January 14, 2019 and February 2, 2019. Applicants must meet all credentialing and other participatory criteria. All applications will be reviewed and responses will be made within 90 days of receipt. To request an application or further information, please write: Alpha Dental Programs, Attention: Professional Relations, 1701 Shoal Creek, Suite 240, Highland Village, Texas 75077.