Privacy and Security
- Web Site Privacy Notice
- We are committed to protecting your personal information. Find out what steps we’re taking to ensure the security of our Web site.
- HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
- PDF versions: HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices(PDF, 69KB), Español, 中文
- This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
- Financial Privacy Notice (Gramm-Leach-Bliley)
- GLB Financial Privacy Notice(PDF, 650KB) Other languages: Español, 中文
- Under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLB), institutions must notify consumers about the information we collect, why we collect it, what we do with it, and how we protect your privacy. This requirement does not apply to California enrollees. For California enrollees, please refer to the California Financial Privacy Notice.
- California Financial Privacy Notice
- California Financial Privacy Notice(PDF, 56KB) Other languages: Español, 中文
- Similar to the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley (GLB) Act, Financial institutions and insurance companies are required to provide notices to their customers about their information-collection and information-sharing practices.
- Business Associate Agreement
- Business Associate Agreement(BAA)(PDF, 98KB)
- Under the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), a HIPAA business associate agreement (BAA) is a contract between a covered entity and a business associate. The BAA ensures that both parties understand the privacy and security safeguards established by HIPAA, HITECH, and the Omnibus Rule and agree to protect enrollee Personal Health Information (PHI). On this site you can find Delta Dental’s standard BAA.
- Organized Health Care Arrangement
- ADVISORY to FULLY INSURED GROUPS
Please be informed that consistent with the group application and group contract terms, Delta Dental considers its relationship with fully insured group health plans as subject to HIPAA’s "Organized Health Care Arrangement" (OHCA) privacy rules as defined in 45 Code of Federal Regulations (C.F.R.) §164.501. Functionally, the exchange of enrollment information between Delta Dental and your group remains the same.
While a Business Associate Agreement is not required between Delta Dental and your fully insured group health plan within an OHCA, any Protected Health Information (PHI) exchanged or shared between the entities remains subject to HIPAA’s minimum necessary rule and other privacy rules in addition to any applicable state laws and regulations governing the disclosure of individually identifiable health information.
Additionally, confidentiality requirements remain applicable to the exchange of information within an OHCA. Please contact your Account Manager if you have further questions.