Delta Dental PPO SM
Delta Dental PPO, 1 our preferred provider organization plan offers our lowest contracted fees and the greatest opportunities for groups and enrollees to save when visiting network dentists.
Our Delta Dental PPO plans also provide enrollees with an unmatched dual network advantage. Enrollees usually save the most when visiting a Delta Dental PPO dentist, but they also have access to Delta Dental Premier dentists, the largest dental network in the U.S. Delta Dental Premier provides additional cost protections for both enrollees and clients when compared to non-Delta Dental dentists because these dentists agree to accept Delta Dental's determination of fees as payment in full.
- Greatest potential savings when you visit a Delta Dental PPO dentist
- Freedom to choose any licensed dentist, anywhere in the world
- Access to the nation’s largest dental PPO networks
- Dual network access with the Delta Dental Premier network
- Balance billing protection for employees and their dependents
- Payments to Delta Dental dentists based on fees by geographic area
- Claims convenience: Our network dentists handle all claims paperwork and most inquiries for Delta Dental patients
The Delta Dental Difference SM
Greater utilization means great cost control. Our dual network system greatly reduces out-of-network utilization, outpacing the competition with cost and quality protection for 60 to 80 percent of claims received from network dentists. Ultimately, our PPO plans can provide claims cost savings for more enrollees, and more opportunities to reduce claims costs for our clients.
How the plan works
Benefit designs that reimburse all claims at the PPO contracted amount may still offer some balance billing protection to many employees that visit a non-Delta Dental PPO dentist — an important feature for employers that want to balance benefit costs and enrollee cost protection.
Delta Dental PPO Plus Premier Plan Design
PPO benefit designs that reimburse Delta Dental Premier dentist claims at the contracted Delta Dental Premier fee also offer additional balance billing protection to many employees because Delta Dental Premier dentists accept contracted amounts rather than their usual fees.
- 1In Texas, Delta Dental offers a Dental Provider Organization (DPO) plan.