Small Business Offering
Why Delta Dental
- A wide variety of commonly requested plan designs.
- Outstanding access to some of the nation’s largest dental networks.
- High employee satisfaction and client retention rates.
- Easy-to-use plan features such as D&P Maximum Waiver® promote preventive care.
- Unmatched customer support system dedicated to prompt issue resolution.
Small Business Portfolio
Our small business portfolio offers employers access to a variety of plan options often available only to large employers. Our plans don’t have hidden charges like network access fees, or one time administration charges. What’s more, we have plan options for small groups and small budgets including voluntary plans where employees pay the premiums.
Our small group portfolio offers two products – Delta Dental PPOTM and DeltaCare® USA – so that you can make the most of the value and cost protections through our large dentist networks.
Delta Dental PPO
- Preferred provider organization plan.1
- Network dentists accept reduced fees as payment in full and they cannot balance bill the patient.
- Access to two of the nation’s largest dental networks – Delta Dental PPO and Delta Dental Premier®. Some PPO plan designs reimburse claims (in- and out-of-network) at our contracted PPO fees. Other plan designs offer different reimbursement features for non-PPO dentists that still contain cost control advantages for employers and enrollees.
- Freedom to choose any dentist – no preauthorization or referral required.
- Largest nationwide network of its kind, with more than 158,600 locations.
- All of our network dentists make visits easy and convenient because they file claims and accept payment for services directly from Delta Dental. Employees are only responsible for their share of the treatment costs - they are never required to pay the entire claim up front.
- Low network turnover – less than 3%.
Our PPO plans are available to all small businesses located in Alabama, California, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas1, Utah and West Virginia.2
- Pre-paid, DHMO-type dental plan.
- Usually offered for a lower premium than PPO plans for small businesses.
- Set copayments, no annual deductibles, and no maximums.
- In most states, requires enrollees to visit their selected DeltaCare USA primary dentist to receive benefits treatment.3
- Greater managed costs within a comprehensive coverage package – more than 250 procedures covered.
- Little or no cost for most preventive and diagnostic services.
- Stable network of dentists that have undergone a comprehensive credentialing process.
- Low network turnover — less than 2%.
Our DeltaCare USA plans are available to all small businesses located in Alabama, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and West Virginia.
- 1Delta Dental offers Dental Provider Organization (DPO) plans in Texas.
- 2Additional plans for small businesses may also be available in your state. For more details, or to obtain information on small business brokers in your areas that can assist you, please contact your Delta Dental sales office.
- 3In some states, DeltaCare USA is offered as an open access plan where enrollees can obtain treatment from any licensed dentist; however, deductibles and maximums may be applied to services provided by an out-of-network dentist.