Important COVID-19 updates and resources for dentists
We strongly recommend reviewing and following the latest novel coronavirus guidelines issued by the CDC, ADA and your state dental association. In particular, a detailed guide (PDF) for dental providers is available from the ADA. We encourage you to adopt these new policies, including postponing regular check-ups and elective procedures, for your health and safety and that of your staff and patients.
- A message to Delta Dental providers about COVID-19 (March 20, 2020)
Delta Dental of California and its affiliate companies announce partnership with Lendeavor for $200 million Covid-19 financial assistance program
Delta Dental of California has announced a $200 million loan program through a partnership with Lendeavor that will provide economic assistance and post-COVID-19 pandemic relief for its independent provider network across 15 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. Lendeavor, a leading digital lender that provides financial solutions to healthcare practices, will manage the program.
The loan assistance program, which launches April 30, 2020, features a combination of cash flow relief and interest savings, including:
- First 12 months of interest on refinance and working capital loans covered by Delta Dental
- Second 12 months of interest on working capital loans arranged by Delta Dental and covered by Lendeavor
- Deferred payments for 6 months
- Working capital up to 15% of previous year's collections, capped at $200,000
- 126-month term, which can reduce monthly payments significantly
For more information about the loan program, qualification details and application process, Delta Dental providers can visit the Lendeavor website (launching April 30, 2020) or call the Lendeavor program support line at 415-874-5420.
- Delta Dental encourages dental provider community to donate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in support of “Protecting People Everywhere” COVID-19 initiative (April 23, 2020)
- Delta Dental of California announces $200 million COVID-19-related financial aid program to support its independent network providers (April 15, 2020)
- Important update to California endodontists, periodontists and oral surgeons about fee structure adjustments (PDF, April 3, 2020)
- Important message for Delta Dental providers about teledentistry (March 27, 2020)
Necessary changes in our operating practices are directly impacting our processing of paper claims and paper checks, as well as answering customer calls. Using Provider Tools is the quickest, easiest way to get claims processed, checks paid and questions answered.
- Submit free real-time claims electronically for faster processing and payment
- Sign up for direct deposit
- Check patient eligibility and benefits
- Check claim status, treatment history
- Find answers to your questions about fees, benefits, eligibility and pre-treatment estimates
If you don’t already have a Provider Tools account, it’s free and easy to register. If you need help with registration, read our handy registration guide (PDF). Additionally, we have Provider Tools tutorials (see “Resources” tab), including videos and articles with step-by-step instructions on claims submission, eligibility, benefits, direct deposit and more.
The ADA and other government agencies recommend postponing elective procedures at this time. Please use teledentistry to assess your patients for non-emergency consults, as well as for diagnosing emergency situations, before they come into the office.
Delta Dental will accept claims for services delivered through teledentistry. Please submit claims as follows:
- For your patient interaction, use the appropriate evaluation procedure code, such as D0140, D0170 or D0171.
- On a separate line, also submit teledentistry code D9995 for real-time interactions (synchronous) and D9996 for text, photo or other non-live interactions (asynchronous) D0170, D0171.
Under Delta Dental policy, the fees for teledentistry (D9995 and D9996) are considered inclusive in overall patient management and are not billable to the patient. Standard dental policy will apply to the evaluation codes.