Reasons To Join Delta Dental
Grow your practice with access to more than 75 million patients nationwide
We offer competitive compensation through several networks.
A Dentistry-Focused Leader
- With 348,000 dentist locations nationwide, Delta Dental Plans Association member companies work with dentists more frequently than all other carriers combined and is the brand dentists think of first.1
- For more than 60 years, Delta Dental has focused primarily on dental coverage unlike other multi-product carriers.
- Dentists view Delta Dental as a superior carrier with demonstrated strengths in reliability and responsiveness.1
Exposure To An Extensive, Stable Pool Of Patients
- Our enterprise underwrites or administers dental benefits coverage to 33 million enrollees in commercial and government plans.2 68 million enrollees are covered by Delta Dental member companies nationwide.
- Demand for Delta Dental plans is strong. Our enrollee retention rate is 98%.2
- Our benefit plans offer patient incentives to visit Delta Dental dentists.
Fast Online Services
Through our secure website, you can:
- Register for secure Online Services and access to free, easy-to-use Provider Tools — everything you need to take care of business in one convenient place, including:
- Detailed patient eligibility and benefits information
- Treatment history
- Free real-time claims and pre-treatment estimates with attachments
- Direct deposit sign-up
- Claim and payment status and much more
- Register for seminars.
- Choose to go paperless and receive email alerts when new documents are ready to view online.
- Review and update your office listing in our dentist directory, which includes information such as languages spoken, office hours and accessibility to public transportation.
- From your website, link to our interactive dental health quizzes to help reinforce your oral health education program.
- Delta Dental reimburses you directly, allowing you to improve your cash flow and payment turn-around.
- Expect quick payment. We transmit and print/mail checks weekly.
- To sign up for direct deposit, simply log in to your Online Services account and use the “EFT and ERA” tool.
Helpful Professional Support
- Our Professional Relations representatives are available to visit your practice to provide guidance.
- We provide free continuing education courses for you and your staff.
- Decisions about claims requiring professional opinions are made by licensed dentists who serve as consultants to Delta Dental.
- We send a free newsletter, FYI, with policy updates, dental health articles suitable to share with patients, and quality improvement information to all contracted dentists. Subscribe to eFYI today!
- Our pre-treatment estimate service includes a dentist consultant’s review and benefits estimate of the proposed treatment plan, which helps your patients effectively plan ahead for major dental care.
- 1Source: The Long Group (2008) The Long Group conducted random eight-minute telephone interviews with employee benefits decision-makers at businesses with 100 or more employees, employed consumers ages 25 to 55, producers and practicing dentists all within the 25 largest dental benefits states.
- 2Delta Dental Enrollment Statistics, February 2016.