Dental Cavity Risk Quiz Results
Your risk for cavities is high.
To decrease your risk for tooth decay, we recommend:
At the dentist's office
- Visit your dentist as soon as possible for an exam and a professional risk evaluation for tooth decay. A professional risk evaluation for tooth decay may include:
- a bacterial test
- measurement of saliva flow
- review of your medications
- evaluation of your dietary and oral hygiene habits
- Brush at least twice a day for 2-3 minutes with fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss at least once a day.
- Limit snacking and avoid sugary foods.
- Consider using xylitol gum or candy instead of regular gum or candy.
If you are confirmed to be high risk, your dentist may do any of the following:
- Professionally clean your teeth
- Provide instructions on good oral hygiene habits
- Provide instructions on a healthy diet
- Recommend the use of xylitol gum or candy
- Prescribe a high fluoride toothpaste
- Prescribe a fluoride or antibacterial mouth rinse
- Apply fluoride to your teeth
- Place sealants on your teeth