Dental Cavity Risk Quiz Results
Your risk for cavities is moderate.
To decrease your risk for tooth decay, we recommend:
At the dentist's office
- If you have not been to the dentist in the past year, make an appointment to see your dentist within the next 6 months.
- Discuss your concerns about your risk for tooth decay and request that a risk assessment be performed. A professional risk evaluation for tooth decay may include:
- A bacterial test
- Measurement of saliva flow
- Review of your medications
- Evaluation of your dietary and oral hygiene habits
- Brush at least twice a day for 2-3 minutes with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss at least once a day.
- Limit snacking and avoid sugary foods.
- Consider using xylitol gum or candy instead of regular gum or candy.
If you are confirmed to be moderate risk, your dentist may do any of the following:
- Professionally clean your teeth
- Provide instructions on good oral hygiene habits
- Provide instructions on a healthy diet
- Recommend the use of xylitol gum or candy
- Recommend a high fluoride toothpaste
- Recommend a high fluoride mouth rinse
- Apply fluoride to your teeth
- Recommend sealants