Gum Disease Risk Quiz Results
Your risk for gum disease is moderate.
To manage your risk for gum disease, we recommend:
At the dentist's office
- If you have not been to the dentist in the past year, you should make an appointment to see your dentist within the next 6 months. You should visit your dentist regularly (every 6 to 12 months) for an exam and cleaning.
- Regular dental visits are important even if you don’t notice a problem. By the time you notice something is wrong or have pain, the problem could be more serious.
- Brush at least twice a day for 2-3 minutes with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss at least once a day.
- If you smoke, stop. Your dentist or dental hygienist can help or direct you to resources to help you quit smoking.