Packed with protein and calcium, this delicious dish is the perfect way to start your day.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pepper, onion and mushrooms, then cook for two minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in spinach and cook until it wilts. Remove veggies from skillet and place into a small bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, adding water, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the hot skillet and let it cook, without stirring. Once the egg is ready, empty the bowl of cooked veggies onto half the omelet and sprinkle with cheese. Use a spatula to fold the other half of the omelet over the vegetables and cheese. Serve while warm.