Why Choose a Delta Dental Dentist?
For Delta Dental PPOSM 1 and Delta Dental Premier® enrollees
There are advantages to choosing a network dentist – quality, convenience and cost savings. And with approximately four out of five dentists represented in our network, you’ll likely find a network dentist conveniently located near your home or work.
Here are a few reasons why visiting a Delta Dental dentist is recommended:
- Save money. Our network dentists agree to never balance bill you more than their contracted fee. For example, if you are a PPO enrollee responsible for a 20% coinsurance amount, you pay 20% of your dentist's contracted fee. Non-Delta Dental dentists can charge you their full fee for their services.
- Pay less up front. Delta Dental pays your dentist directly, and sends you a notice explaining your portion of the bill. You pay the dentist only your portion of the services.
- No expensive and unnecessary ”unbundling.” Delta Dental ensures you’re never charged extra for services that should be included in the cost of treatment. For example, when you receive a crown, a Delta Dental dentist cannot charge you additional fees for tooth preparation, local anesthesia, an impression or a temporary crown.
- Quality you can count on. Delta Dental dentists are properly licensed and meet accepted standards for cleanliness and safety procedures. Plus, Delta Dental representatives work with dentist offices to keep them updated on policies and network contracting requirements.
For enrollees of our DeltaCare® USA closed network plans, in most states enrollees must receive services from their selected primary care dentists and are responsible only for the predefined copayment at the time of service.
Use our convenient dentist directory to find a Delta Dental dentist for your plan.
- 1Delta Dental offers Dental Provider Organization (DPO) plans in Texas.