Gum Disease Risk Quiz Results
Your risk for gum disease is high.
To manage your risk for gum disease, we recommend:
At the dentist's office
- Make an appointment to visit your dentist as soon as possible. You should visit your dentist regularly (every 6 to 12 months) for an exam and cleaning.
- Regular dental visits are important even if you don’t notice a problem. By the time you notice something is wrong or have pain, the problem could be more serious.
- Brush at least twice a day for 2-3 minutes with fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss at least once a day.
- If you smoke, stop. Your dentist or dental hygienist can help or direct you to resources to help you quit smoking.
The periodontal disease risk score and information provided in this quiz should not be considered as dental advice, a diagnosis or a substitute for an examination by a licensed dentist. This quiz is intended to educate people on the risk factors for periodontal disease.