Gum Disease Risk Quiz Results
Your risk for gum disease is moderate.
To manage your risk for gum disease, we recommend:
At the dentist's office
- If you have not been to the dentist in the past year, you should make an appointment to see your dentist within the next 6 months. You should visit your dentist regularly (every 6 to 12 months) for an exam and cleaning.
- Regular dental visits are important even if you don’t notice a problem. By the time you notice something is wrong or have pain, the problem could be more serious.
- Brush at least twice a day for 2-3 minutes with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss at least once a day.
- If you smoke, stop. Your dentist or dental hygienist can help or direct you to resources to help you quit smoking.
The periodontal disease risk score and information provided in this quiz should not be considered as dental advice, a diagnosis or a substitute for an examination by a licensed dentist. This quiz is intended to educate people on the risk factors for periodontal disease.