Tips for Using the Automated Telephone Service
Our automated voice response telephone service is a convenient way to obtain eligibility and benefits information and more for your Delta Dental PPO™, Delta Dental Premier® and DeltaCare® USA patients.
(For even faster service, log in to Online Services and use Provider Tools!)
- Use the service during business hours, as well as extended hours during the week and on weekends.
- Before you call, have all of the following items ready:
- Your tax ID number that you have on file with Delta Dental
- The subscriber's ID number and date of birth and the patient's date of birth (the ID maybe the subscriber's social security number or another number, such as an employee ID or alternate ID assigned by the subscriber's employer)
- Your fax number, if you will be requesting a faxed summary
- Return to the main menu anytime by pressing "9".
The table below shows the first steps to obtaining Fast Fax, the eligibility and benefits summary that is faxed to your office. When your call is connected, you'll hear the automated voice ask the questions that are in the left-side column. (The exact wording may change as we enhance our service, but the basic options and actions will stay the same.) The voice will also say your response choices. You may say your choice, or press the number for that choice, which is indicated in the right-side column.
|Automated Service||Fast Fax|
|“Please tell me whether you’re a dental provider or an insured member.”||“Dental provider” (1)|
|“Which can I help you with?”||
|“Say or enter your tax ID number.”||Say or enter your 9-digit tax identification number that is on file with Delta Dental.|
|“Tell us whether you are a Delta PPO, Premier or non-contracted dentist”||
|“How would you like to receive this information; by fax or by email?”||
Additional Automated Services
- Move quickly through the system. As soon as you know your response choice to the automated question, you may say or enter it. You don't need to wait until all options are offered.
- Say "claim status" for the amount Delta Dental paid on a specific claim.
- Say "claim details" for the amount Delta Dental paid per procedure.
- To hear the benefit summary, stay on the line after eligibility is played, or just press pound (#).