Dentist News Archive
- Customer Service hours extended for CA
- Need to speak to a representative? Starting 6/4/18, they will be available until 8 p.m. (PT), Monday through Friday. Our automated services remain available 24/7.
- SF headquarters relocates
- New San Francisco and East Bay locations won’t affect our everyday operations.
- Saving trees, changing history
- Our eco-friendly focus is making a positive impact. Join us! Conserving paper and other resources is good for your practice and your community.
- New Year reminders
- Verify your TIN, report fraud and enroll as a Medicare provider. Review these and other important reminders to help get 2018 off to a great start.
- Use CDT 2018 starting 1-1-2018
- Changes include 18 new codes, three code deletions and several revised descriptions. Review our summary of the changes and our processing policies.
- Individual plans launched in five states
- Uninsured patients in CA, FL, NY, PA and TX have new Delta Dental PPO℠ plan choices to help replace employer-sponsored plans lost through retirement or job changes.
- Achieve communication success
- Language and cultural awareness are key to good overall communication. Boost your skills with these tips.
- Lean and green
- See an outstanding eco-friendly practice, learn how going green saved big money, and get practical tips from this video.
- Ramp up overall wellness with better oral health
- Discover how a healthy mouth can boost your well-being and help prevent problems like gum disease and facial pain.
- CDT 2017 and processing policies
- Review a summary of CDT 2017 codes and our processing policies effective January 1, 2017.
- Expanded PPO benefits
- Expanded benefits for pregnant women are standard with our Delta Dental PPO plans. Expedite claims processing by using ICD-10 CM diagnosis codes on claims.
- New benefit option for 2017
- Large group dental plan purchasers can add SmileWay
® Wellness benefits for patients with diabetes and certain other diseases/conditions.
Benefit information (PDF, 282 KB)
- Don’t delay! Make your Medicare decision
- Enroll as a Medicare provider now. Help your Medicare Advantage patients retain their benefits and their health.
- Oral health is always in season
- Browse free materials for your oral health and wellness campaigns.
- Cheering on adults who take charge
- Say “Well done!” to patients who improve their periodontal health.
- Re-credentialing — required and important
- When it comes to re-credentialing, your cooperation is imperative. If we are unable to complete the process by the due date indicated in the letter we send you, we have no choice but to terminate our contractual agreement with you. We don’t want to take this step! Please be sure to respond promptly when you receive our re-credentialing request.
- Verify your TIN
- Because we report your Delta Dental earnings to the IRS using your taxpayer identification number (TIN), it’s important that the TIN we have for you matches exactly with your TIN on file with the IRS for your name/business name.
- 90 million claims tell a preventive care story
- We know you share our dedication to good oral health, and even with our combined best intentions, the results of our recent Preventive Dental Care Study showed that many higher-risk patients are not visiting their dentist often enough for preventive care.
- PPO network added to State of California plans for 2014
- The State’s Premier Enhanced and Premier Basic plans will include an additional network option, PPO, beginning January 1, 2014.
- Health care reform update
- Our leadership in the health care reform process is helping to guide dentist-friendly policies and add more Delta Dental patients.
- Use CDT 2013 codes beginning in January
- The American Dental Association’s Current Dental Terminology (CDT) for 2013 is effective January 1, 2013.
- Dental students receive awards
- Delta Dental recently acknowledged 69 outstanding dental students at 21 schools for their exceptional leadership skills, academic achievements and community service.
- Blood pressure readings: A Good Practice
- Help increase awareness of a potentially dangerous condition by taking blood pressure readings during patients’ appointments.
- Tips for fast telephone service
- Use these new tips and guidelines to quickly get the information you need from our automated telephone service.
- Celebrate Children’s Dental Health Month
- Use our free oral health education materials to boost your patient education program during Children’s Dental Health Month in February.
- Delta Dental implements HIPAA standard for electronic transfers
- Delta Dental is pleased to announce that we installed the new HIPAA electronic claim and inquiry standard on December 21, 2011.
- Help patients make healthy choices
- Visit our SmileWay SM Wellness Program for material you can use to help patients make good oral health choices and stay well this winter.
- New wellness materials
- Our new "Adult Dental Health Kit" promotes a lifetime of healthy smiles. Use the wellness materials from our Benefits Adminstrator site to educate your patients.
- HIPAA standard changing in 2012
- Avoid disruptions to your office administration: upgrade your system now to the new "5010" standard.
- Health care reform update
- We are working to ensure that coverage details, options and costs are clear and fair.
- We’re updating important practice information
- Please respond right away when you receive a Confidential Credential Information Form.
- June is Employee Wellness Month
- Delta Dental is promoting employee wellness in June. Encourage good oral and overall health with free flyers, posters, quizzes and more.
- Were you affected by recent tornadoes in Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi?
- We at Delta Dental want to make every effort to help our clients, enrollees and dental offices affected by the recent tornadoes that devastated many parts of the South.
- A strong voice in Health Care Reform
- Together with other national dental benefits industry leaders, we analyze and respond to Congressional proposals with a strong, unified voice.
- Saving energy and more
- We have achieved a greener operation. You can help us do more.
- Is your Tax ID correct?
- It's tax time again. A quick review of your claim checks can avoid trouble with the IRS.
- Delta Dental helps out
- Delta Dental member companies donated more than $15 million to dental schools and dental students around the country in 2009.
- 2010 student leadership awards
- Sixty-one graduating dental school students received nearly a quarter of a million dollars in grants this year.
- Heath Care Reform: dependent child age limit increase is not automatic
- The new "age 26" rule will be implemented for group Delta Dental plans when requested by clients.
- New PPO plan for University of California graduate students
- University of California Graduate Student Health Insurance Plan launches Delta Dental PPO on six campuses with 13,000 potential enrollees.
- New PPO plan for UC Berkeley students
- University of California at Berkeley offers Delta Dental PPO plan to 21,000 undergraduate and graduate students.